- To express ideas clearly in written communication.
- To use written expressions in a variety of styles, registers, and situations.
- To comprehend the use of the language, structure, technique and stylistic conventions
Date of Written paper: March 17.
Date of Ad production: March 17 and 18.
Date of Presentation: March 21
- In this assessment you will have to produce a new mobile phone advertisement and then present it to your classmates.
- Read the information described in activity 1, page 30 of your Course Companion Book for specific information.
- The sources where your ad will be published might be: A newspaper, magazine, direct mail/flyer or the Internet. Choose one.
- Decide what your target audience will be.
- Decide which stereotype you will choose and be clear about why you chose it.
- Decide which rhetoric device you will use: Ethos, Pathos or Logos? You can choose two.
- Design your advertisement on MS word including images, text and a slogan that catches the audience attention.
- You must be very creative. Keep in mind the ads you have previously seen to have an idea of what is expected from you.
- Once finished, convert your ad to a PDF file and upload it on your website together with the preparation handout.
- Present it to your classmates.